Jan. 13 meeting
KEY ACTION Gave approval to Mayor Laurie Green to enter into a lease agreement with Rural Action and Mineral City Area Historical Society for rental of the “Old Town Hall” building located at 8728 High St.
DISCUSSION: The building is also known as the Huff Run/Rural Action building, which has been a tenant in the building for many years. Council agreed Huff Run/Rural Action will need to vacate the building within six months. Mineral City Area Historical Society wantd to be located in the building and eventually make it a historical museum. The “Old Town Hall” is the oldest building in the village.
• Heard during a special meeting Jan. 3, Green administered the oath of office to Nikki Moore and Mandy Lake, new council members and Roy Burnham appointed council member. Chad Gintz, appointed council member, was administered the oath of office at the Jan.13, meeting.
• Passed an ordinance authorizing accepting a grant, through the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, for funds to convert the tennis court to a pickleball court.
• Passed an ordinance approving the 2022 permanent appropriations of $448,866.
• Learned Nikki Moore will be reviewing and updating zoning ordinances.
• Approved a pay increase to the Darissa Lute, fiscal officer, of $100 per month. She will now receive $900 per month.
• Agreed to donate $5,000 to Little Twist on Mineral to be used toward the fireworks display at the festival to be held July 9 at the fire station.
FOR YOUR INFO
• Named the following 2022 committees with the first name chairman – Finance, Mandy Lake, Terry Nill, Brian Polen; Street, Nill, Chad Gintz, Roy Burnham; Fire /Safety, Gintz, Nill, Lake; Park, Polen, Moore, Burnham; Zoning Appeals, Moore, Nill, Lake.
• Thanked Sandy, Fairfield and Warren Township officials for assisting the street department during the year.
• Council meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday in village hall.
• Little Twist on Mineral Festival Organization will be holding a pizza fundraiser. Pizza orders will be accepted until Feb. 2 and pickup will be from 1 -3 p.m. Feb. 12 at the fire station. Orders can be placed on line through Little Twist on Mineral Festival Facebook page.
UP NEXT meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 27 in village hall.
This article originally appeared on The Times-Reporter: Mineral City Village Council meeting