Six middle school students got sick after eating an edible shared with them by other students, KMOV reports.
According to the outlet, 2 of the students were sent to the hospital by the fire department as a precaution.
A spokesperson for the school told the outlet they found no additional edibles in the building.
Authorities said middle school students from St. Louis, Missouri, got sick after eating marijuana edibles they received from fellow students.
Police told local news outlet KMOV they responded to a call on Thursday at North Side Community School at 12:10 pm that students ingested an unknown substance.
North Side Community School Executive Director Doug Thaman told the local news outlet that six students were treated by the St. Louis Fire Department after they got sick from eating marijuana edibles.
Two of the students were transported to the hospital out of precaution, while another student was taken to the hospital by a parent, according to the outlet.
Thaman told the outlet that the students received the edibles from two middle schoolers who brought them in on Thursday and shared them with other students.
According to the outlet, the school made sure there were no additional edibles in the building after they searched all lockers and classrooms.
"We just really need to keep doing our work and parents doing their job of educating their kids on safety and the importance of never taking something that you don't know what it is," Thaman told KMOV.
Concerned parent Robyn Clarke told KMOV she hopes the two students who brought the edibles in get expelled.
"You never know who you're going to put in danger with that and it's just not right," Clarke told the outlet. "You don't know what the reaction of someone else is going to be when you offer them anything, let alone an infused edible."
Read the original article on Insider