- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
A deputy had stopped the driver, who is charged with intoxication manslaughter, not too long before the fiery crash.
- Four teddies look on at a memorial put up at FM 2920 and Gosling Road. It's the site where a 28-year-old mother, her five-year-old, her two-year-old, and seven-month-old baby were killed in a fiery crash.
MARK HERMAN: This is a tragedy. It is a situation of, you know, again, a possible suspected impaired driver who basically snuffs a family out of existence.
- Precinct 4 says 35-year-old Daniel Canada rear-ended the family at a high rate of speed, the crash so bad seven other vehicles were hit, including Lance King and his family's truck.
LANCE KING: And it pushed-- pushed us to the left, through the intersection, kind of through a couple of cars. And once I realized everything that was going on, made sure they were OK. I went over to the car that had rear-ended us that was in flames. We tried our best to get the driver out, with no success.
- The DA has accepted several counts of intoxication manslaughter, and charges could be upgraded for Canada, who Herman says had a blood alcohol level of 0.15. There are multiple DWI initiatives out with the Harris County Sheriff's Office and local constables.
MARK HERMAN: Driving impaired is 100% preventable. Don't do it. It's a choice.
- Precinct 4 says no one else was seriously hurt. Canada is being treated for just bumps and bruises. In Spring, I'm TJ Parker, ABC 13, Eyewitness News.