Chicago, IL (June 3, 2020) – NBC Sports Chicago has announced additional primetime pro game replacement programming as the network will deliver a special week of multi-platform content featuring "Classic" game performances and expanded digital/audio coverage highlighting one of the most talented players in Chicago Bulls history, Derrick Rose. In his seven-season stint with the Bulls, the Chicago native/Simeon Career Academy grad earned numerous league honors including "Rookie of the Year" in 2009, three NBA All-Star Game appearances (2010-12), along with being named the NBA's "Most Valuable Player" in 2011, becoming the youngest player in league history to earn the award at age 22.
NBC Sports Chicago will honor the Bulls great with "Derrick Rose Week presented by Saint Xavier University" starting up Monday, June 8 at 7:00 PM CT with the first of five-straight nights of "Classic" game performances beginning with Rose's very first NBA Playoff game from 2009, a standout 36-point performance against Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics. Please note the full "Derrick Rose Week" ‘Classic game schedule below; all games air at 7:00 PM. (NOTES: Authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers can also stream every "Derrick Rose Week" Classic match-up online via NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive; game replays will only be made available to viewers within NBC Sports Chicago's designated viewing territory; schedule subject to change).
Monday, June 8
2009 NBA Eastern Conf Quarterfinals-Game 1: Bulls at Boston (From 4/18/09 -- 105-103 Bulls win; #7-seed Bulls pull off Game 1 opening round shocker at "The Garden" as Rose pumps in 36 pts. in his NBA Playoffs debut)
Tuesday, June 9
Bulls at Phoenix (From 1/22/10 -- 115-104 Bulls win; Rose's memorable, gravity-defying dunk over Goran Dragic was the icing on the cake in this solid 32 point/5 assist/3 steal performance)
Wednesday, June 10
Bulls vs. Detroit (From 10/30/10 -- 101-91 Bulls win; 2010-11 season Home Opener; Rose w/39 points and 7 assists; Bulls go on a 19-2 fourth quarter run)
Thursday, June 11
Bulls at Milwaukee (From 3/7/12 -- 106-104 Bulls win; one of D-Rose's most memorable games, a 30 point/11 assist/8 rebound effort which was capped off with his thrilling GW buzzer-beater)
Friday, June 12
2015 NBA Eastern Conf Quarterfinals-Game 3: Bulls at Milwaukee (From 4/23/15 -- 113-106 2OT Bulls win; Rose dominates the Bucks with 34 points and 8 assists giving the Bulls a 3-0 first round series lead)
In addition to NBC Sports Chicago's "Classic" game telecasts, fans can also look forward to the following enhanced "Derrick Rose Week" digital/audio content:
DIGITAL COVERAGE -- NBCSportsChicago.com & "MyTeams by NBC Sports" app
Led by NBC Sports Chicago's Bulls "Insider" K.C. Johnson, along with multi-platform Bulls contributor Rob Schaefer, fans can look forward to expanded "Derrick Rose Week" digital coverage via NBCSportsChicago.com and the "MyTeams by NBC Sports" app (NOTE: Fans located anywhere in the U.S. can download MyTeams for free on iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store). Among the digital-exclusive highlights include:
- In-depth columns focusing on the "Complexity of Rose's career," "What if D-Rose never got injured?", "Rose's Hall of Fame Case" and more.
- Web Gallery Blitz: Youngest MVP's every sport, Top Chicago-native draft picks, Rose's most impactful teammates, Top 10 Chicago high school hoops players and THE best D-Rose rap references.
- Videos On Demand: Stacey King's top D-Rose calls, Rose's MVP speech, Top Rose moments & dunks, a Rose-Simeon Career Academy highlights mixtape and much more.
- Trivia: Fans will learn even more about D-Rose throughout the week with numerous fun facts.
PODCASTS & SOCIAL MEDIA COVERAGE --
• PODCASTS: Bulls fans can look forward to special "Derrick Rose Week" editions of NBC Sports Chicago's popular "BULLS TALK" Podcast featuring Jason Goff and K.C. Johnson, along with special guests. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago's podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn or iHeart. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
• SOCIAL MEDIA: NBC Sports Chicago's social media portals on Facebook (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago), Twitter (@NBCSBulls) and Instagram (‘NBCSChicago') will also provide fans with massive "Derrick Rose Week" content beginning Monday, June 8.
NOTE: For the latest news, analysis, team/league updates and team-specific podcasts, fans are urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com or download the "MyTeams by NBC Sports" app.
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs multi-platform coverage, plus - local sports discussion programs that includes SportsTalk Live, and massive cross-platform coverage provided by the network's growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, the "MyTeams by NBC Sports" app, and its variety of fan-focused social media outlets. Fans can follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group's portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago/NBC Sports Chicago+, and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
NBC Sports Chicago to present 'Derrick Rose Week' starting Monday, June 8 originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago