Shai Gilgeous-Alexander erupts scoring 42 points on 13-20 shooting with eight rebounds and four assists versus San Antonio.
- The Spurs know the Thunder have already had 19 3-point shots made game already as we've seen that play out so many times with SGA getting all the way to the rim.
Give Shai a little bit of credit. He's been drawing a lot of fouls and going on a lot of trips to the free throw line as well.
- This time, tough stepback 3 and he knocks it down.
--talked about in the pregame. You think he's going to drive because he leads the NBA in drives per game.
Well, San Antonio historically under Gregg Popovich has always been so sound offensively. But that time knifing through it right into the teeth of that San Antonio defense, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had to work for it.
- Here's another stubborn move. Right now it's all about getting to that--
- SGA reverses direction. Boy, somehow slips in underneath to Horford, who was waiting for it.
--rebound to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
- OK, just always sometimes you see that ball go in the basket, and that's all it takes.
- And the Thunder are going to get a possible four-point play. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander picking up where Dort left off.
Just like that, the Thunder are possibly going to get four quick points on a reach-in foul from Lonnie Walker.
- Well, he made contact with him. That's all it takes.
- Horford, again, a little advantage, finds the open man.
- How about that pass?
- See, this is Thunder basketball. Well, if we draw a crowd, kick the ball out to shooters.
--what, 33 points already in this third quarter.
- Oh, SGA goes end to end and the scoop and score at the buzzer! Jones never stood a chance. The clock is clean and another dose for SGA.
- You just got to stay in rhythm here. This is going to come down to who can finish in the latter part of this quarter. How about that, man?
- Oh, SGA puts Poeltl in the spinner.