Nipsey Hussle’s business acumen was well-known. In the wake of his death, many lauded the rapper’s hometown revitalization efforts and his savvy mixtape selling right alongside his musical ability. However, the extent of Nipsey’s hustle wasn’t entirely known.
A friend and business partner of the late rapper said that Hussle secured a deal as part-owner of an upcoming resort in Las Vegas. David Gross shared that Hussle was in on a plan to open the Virgin Las Vegas resort in 2020.
“This moment deserves sharing because this was a full circle moment,” he wrote under an image of himself and Hussle. “The significance and symbolism of this was profound for both of us because this was us realizing the American Dream at a high level; we took different paths, but both started with no money, connections or a legacy roadmap that got us to this moment.”
“This is the meeting... that would result in us becoming partial owners, of not a hotel... But a resort and casino in the desert...The Virgin Las Vegas coming 2020,” he closed the caption.
The rapper was remembered by fans throughout Los Angeles last week in a massive homegoing ceremony that included testimonials and performances from names as big as Stevie Wonder.
- Nipsey Hussle Made Sure His Kids Were Financially Secure
- Roddy Ricch on Nipsey Hussle: 'He's the Reason Why I'm Here Today'
- Childish Gambino Gave an Emotional Coachella Speech Honoring His Father, Mac Miller, and Nipsey Hussle
More from Complex
- Best Style Releases This Week: Adidas by Alexander Wang, AWGE x Needles, Union x Stüssy
- Nipsey Hussle's Family to Continue His Plans for Community Foundation
- Premiere: Thurz Looks Back on "Long Live"
- Beyoncé's Surprise Album Gives Blue Ivy Her Own Artist Page on Streaming Services
- Lonzo Ball Says LeBron James Knows He'd 'Love to Be in' 'Space Jam 2'