- Fewer Americans say marriage is important to a fulfilling life, according to a Pew Research study.
- Marriage is very complex, and it's easy for couples to fall into unhealthy relationship dynamics.
- Yet, that's not stopping more than 2 million people each year who find themselves at the altar, the CDC reports.
- We've rounded up the stories that will help you survive a divorce and recognize the warning signs of a bad relationship.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
American marriage is looking less essential for a fulfilling life.
A Pew Research Survey found that 54% of surveyed Americans say that being married is "important but not essential" for people to live fulfilling lives.
But for the 2 million people who venture to the altar each year, there are experts who can help you avoid the stress. For those who are not married but still in a bad relationship, experts say there are solutions to the unhealthy dynamics.
Whether you have experienced divorce or are heading toward a breakup, Business Insider has a handy guide to survive it all:
Spotting red flags: 11 subtle behaviors that could be seriously jeopardizing your relationship
The types of relationships that fail: Marriages fall apart when couples get stuck in 2 toxic relationship dynamics, according to a relationship coach.
Read the original article on Business Insider