Noon Thursday, July 7, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the number of submissions, events may run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, July 7
▪ St. Clair County Genealogical Society — 7 p.m. Online via Zoom. Program: Navigating the Society’s Public Website. SCCGS’s public website has 495 web pages and PDF documents. Do your searches get the most from this website? Learn a few shortcuts and tricks from Diane Walsh, webmaster since 1999. The meeting is open to the public, but space is limited. Reservation information is at stclair-ilgs.org/events or facebook.com/STCCGSIL.
Friday, July 8
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4-7 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Traditional menu of cod, hamburgers, hot dogs, pork steaks and several side dishes. Dine-in and carryout. Credit cards accepted. Orders can be called in at 618-632-6229 or facebook.com/KnightsOfColumbus4239
Friday, July 8, through Sunday, July 10
▪ The Big Bounce America — Timed ticket access all three days. Brookdale Farm, 8004 Twins River Road, Eureka, Missouri. The Big Bounce America is the biggest touring inflatable event in the world and features four massive inflatable attractions. Turn up the wow-factor and push the limits of family-friendly entertainment to new heights. For tickets and info: thebigbounceamerica.com.
Saturday, July 9
▪ O’Fallon Township Rummage Sale — 7 a.m. to noon. Township Building, 801 E. State. St., O’Fallon. Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, plus household items will be available for the Rummage Sale.
▪ Vine Street Market at O’Fallon Station — 8 a.m. to noon. O’Fallon Station, 212 E. First St., O’Fallon. Locally grown vegetables, flowers, fruits, eggs, cheese and meats. A selection of bakers and sweet treats along with coffee, craft brew beverages and artisans. Live music, patio seating, food truck on site. Bicycle and pet friendly. 618-624-0139 or ofallonstation.com/vine-street-market.
▪ Missouri Botanical Garden Green Living Festival — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Missouri History Museum, 5700 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis. The Missouri Botanical Garden’s annual Green Living Festival is returning in person as a series of pop-up events at institutions throughout the heart of St. Louis. The “Summer of Sustainability” series invites visitors to engage with experts at these events throughout the summer in a day of learning and exploring ideas for sustainable lifestyles. The July 9 event is included with regular entry to the Missouri History Museum where general admission is free. 314-577-5100 or mobot.org/greenlivingfest.
Wednesday, July 13
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. 618-210-8156 or ofallonsunriserotary.org.
▪ Music in the Park Summer Concert Series: Vince K (Variety) — 7-8:30 p.m. Klucker Hall (upstairs), 14 Park Drive, Shiloh. Free parking. Sponsored by Village of Shiloh. 618-632-1022, ext. 119.
▪ Whitaker Music Festival 2022 Concert Series: Sweetie & the Toothaches — 7 p.m. Missouri Botanical Garden, 4344 Shaw Blvd., St. Louis. Entry at 5 p.m. The Whitaker Music Festival offers a lineup of free Wednesday evening concerts under the stars. Pack a picnic and enjoy the beauty of the Garden grounds in summertime bloom as you listen to the tunes and rhythms of an eclectic rotation of artists from week to week. Live music will begin at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays through Aug. 3. Free admission entry begins at 5 p.m. Last entry is at 8:15 p.m. Advance reservations required. mobot.org/whitaker
Saturday, July 16
▪ Evening at the Jazz Garage with Jacob Webb and J. White — 7-11 p.m. Gateway Classic Cars of St. Louis, 1237 Central Park Drive, O’Fallon. VIP early access 6:30 p.m. Gateway Classic Cars is hosting STL Smooth JAZZ’s first annual Evening at the Jazz Garage Concert. This inaugural event will have performances by J. White, an internationally recognized Billboard artist, and Jacob Webb, award-winning producer, bassist, pianist, and multi-instrumentalist.Enjoy an evening filled with smooth jazz, good food and drink and lots of fun. For tickets and info: https://bit.ly/3ODUoZu.
Other area happenings
▪ The Rules of the Road Review Course — 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 20. O’Fallon Township. The course is designed to give drivers – especially senior citizens and persons with disabilities – the knowledge and confidence needed to renew or obtain a driver’s license. The review course combines an explanation of the driving exam with a practice written exam. This course is FREE of charge. Call the Township at 618-632-3517 for more information.
▪ Free Dental Care Day from Park Place Dental Group — by appointment, Saturday, July 23. 309 Tamarack Lane, Shiloh, or 2246 S. Illinois 157, #125, Glen Carbon. Park Place Dental Group is offering a free dental give back day that includes dental cleanings, X-rays, fillings and extractions. Call for an appointment. Shiloh: 618-624-7200. Glen Carbon: 618-288-6262.
▪ BaconFest Applications will be accepted from all types of vendors (sales, crafts, food, etc.) for the Sept. 10 event. Organizers are also looking for organizations that help veterans to participate. For more information, contact VFW Post 805 Auxiliary at email@example.com.
▪ Injury Free Running Clinic — 5:30 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month through December. HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Outpatient Therapy clinic, 209 Rec Plex Drive, O’Fallon. The clinic supports current runners and those wishing to start on how to run safely and improve performance. Free and open to the public. Space is limited. Registration is required. hshs.org/StElizabeths/Events/Community/Injury-Free-Running-Clinic-2022