Noon Thursday, June 30, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the number of submissions, events may run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: email@example.com. Mail to: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Friday, July 1
▪ Book Sale — 9 a.m. to noon. Tri Township Library, 209 S. Main St., Troy. Book donations accepted 9 a.m to 8 p.m. on the day of the sale and on Tuesdays. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Masks required. 618-667-2133.
▪ Shiloh Eagles Fish Fry — 5-7 p.m. Shiloh Eagles 545, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Cod, walleye, catfish, shrimp and sides. Full menu. Dine-in or carryout available. For carryout, call 618-624-5412. facebook.com/shiloheagles545
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4-7 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Traditional menu of cod, hamburgers, hot dogs, pork steaks and several side dishes. Dine-in and carryout. Credit cards accepted. Orders can be called in at 618-632-6229 or facebook.com/KnightsOfColumbus4239
Saturday, July 2
▪ Vine Street Market at O’Fallon Station — 8 a.m. to noon. O’Fallon Station, 212 E. First St., O’Fallon. Locally grown vegetables, flowers, fruits, eggs, cheese and meats. A selection of bakers and sweet treats along with coffee, craft brew beverages and artisans. Live music, patio seating, food truck on site. Bicycle and pet friendly. 618-624-0139 or ofallonstation.com/vine-street-market.
Saturday, July 2, through Monday, July 4
▪ Fair St. Louis — Noon to 10 p.m. all three days. St. Louis. Fair Saint Louis brings people together from across the country to celebrate America’s Biggest Birthday Party. The fair is three days of world-class live entertainment across Kiener Plaza and Ballpark Village, family attractions, hands-on STEM activities, delicious food, breathtaking fireworks, and a guarantee of summertime fun. Every year we build on our success and traditions, innovating to expand and connect with our community in new and relevant ways. The Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular takes place against iconic backdrop of the mighty Mississippi River and the breathtaking Gateway Arch on Monday, July 4, at approximately 9:30 p.m. fairsaintlouis.org
Sunday, July 3
▪ Fireworks Over O’Fallon — Dusk (approximately 8:30 p.m.) O’Fallon Family Sports Park, O’Fallon. Fireworks will be launched near the west entrance of the park. Spectators are asked to park only in designated parking areas. No parking in the grass or side of roadways in the Sports Park. Restrooms near the Splash Pad and north side of the park will be open. 618-624-0139.
Wednesday, July 6
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 a.m. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. 618-210-8156 or ofallonsunriserotary.org.
▪ Whitaker Music Festival 2022 Concert Series: We Are Root Mod — 7 p.m. Missouri Botanical Garden, 4344 Shaw Blvd., St. Louis. Entry at 5 p.m. The Whitaker Music Festival offers a lineup of free Wednesday evening concerts under the stars. Pack a picnic and enjoy the beauty of the Garden grounds in summertime bloom as you listen to the tunes and rhythms of an eclectic rotation of artists from week to week. Live music will begin at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays through Aug. 3. Free admission entry begins at 5 p.m. Last entry is at 8:15 p.m. Advance reservations required. mobot.org/whitaker
Thursday, July 7
▪ St. Clair County Genealogical Society — 7 p.m. Online via Zoom. Program: Navigating the Society’s Public Website. SCCGS’s public website has 495 web pages and PDF documents. Do your searches get the most from this website? Learn a few shortcuts and tricks from Diane Walsh, webmaster since 1999. The meeting is open to the public, but space is limited. Reservation information is at stclair-ilgs.org/events or facebook.com/STCCGSIL.
Other area happenings
▪ O’Fallon Township High School Class of 1962 Reunion — 3 p.m. until ? Saturday, July 16, and Sunday, July 17. Fletcher’s Kitchen & Tap, 1524 Clinton Hills Parkway, Swansea. For info, call Sherry at 618-541-9156.
▪ Free Dental Care Day from Park Place Dental Group — by appointment, Saturday, July 23. 309 Tamarack Lane, Shiloh, or 2246 S. Illinois 157, #125, Glen Carbon. Park Place Dental Group is offering a free dental give back day that includes dental cleanings, X-rays, fillings and extractions. Call for an appointment. Shiloh: 618-624-7200. Glen Carbon: 618-288-6262.
▪ Injury Free Running Clinic — 5:30 p.m. the last Wednesday of each month through December. HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Outpatient Therapy clinic, 209 Rec Plex Drive, O’Fallon. The clinic supports current runners and those wishing to start on how to run safely and improve performance. Free and open to the public. Space is limited. Registration is required. hshs.org/StElizabeths/Events/Community/Injury-Free-Running-Clinic-2022
▪ Miss O’Fallon Scholarship Pageant — 6 p.m. Saturday, July 30. O’Fallon Township High School Milburn Auditorium, 650 Milburn School Road, O’Fallon. Would you like to be the next Miss O’Fallon? This is the 100 th anniversary and it will be an exciting year. As Miss O’Fallon you are a representative of the City attending ribbon cutting ceremonies, speaking at City Council meetings, attending Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day events, speaking at O’Fallon grade schools and attending various other events in neighboring communities. Scholarships are awarded to the winner as well as first and second runners-up. Contestants must live within the OTHS School District 203, have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be 17 by Dec. 31, 2022, and not over the age of 21. For further information, contact Kristy Schulte by email at MissOFallon@gmail.com.