LAGUNA HILLS, CA — The Laguna Hills, Old County Courthouse and Anaheim locations are closed to the public until further notice, a spokesperson for the clerk-recorder said in a release, Thursday.
Getting married? If you already have an appointment booked, those appointments will be honored through July 31 in Anaheim, Laguna Hills and the Old County Courthouse locations.
Department staff will be contacting customers with updated information regarding their
appointments. Please visit OCRecorder.com for more detailed information.
County Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen spoke on the closure, Thursday.
“Unfortunately, COVID-19 numbers are getting worse throughout the state and I have to take action to keep our staff and customers safe,” Nguyen said. “Most of our neighboring county Clerk-Recorder offices have closed completely, which will likely lead to an increase in demand for marriage services here in Orange County. I would like to thank my staff for helping make this possible.”
The department will be implementing strict social distancing guidelines as well as other limitations to ensure the safety of the couples and staff during marriage appointments.
The following limitations will apply for marriage services:
• For couples looking to obtain a marriage license, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
• For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the
couple and one witness may be present. No guests allowed.
• For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the
couple can be present. No guests allowed.
• Couples will need to pay fees with a check or money order made payable to the Orange County Clerk Recorder. No cash or credit card payments accepted.
• Couples must present a valid government-issued photo identification at their appointment.
• No walk-in customers will be taken at this time. Everyone must have an appointment
The department’s office at the County Service Center in Santa Ana will only be offering vital records and real property recording services. Customers looking to obtain vital records must complete and submit a vital records application online prior to visiting the County Service Center.
To complete a vital records application please visit cr.ocgov.com.
Only the person requesting service will be allowed in the office.