- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
It's a year to the day since the first UK-wide coronavirus lockdown was announced.
BORIS JOHNSON: Stay at home, protect our NHS, and save lives.
If you don't follow the rules, the police will have the powers to enforce them.
NICOLA STURGEON: These measures are essential for the protection of all of us.
ARLENE FOSTER: Coronavirus is an invisible enemy.
MARK DRAKEFORD: We have asked you to stay at home.
MICHELLE O'NEILL: Just please stay at home.
BORIS JOHNSON: I've taken a test. That has come out positive.
DOMINIC RAAB: The prime minister's condition worsened, and on the advice of the medical team, he was moved into a critical care unit.
The government has decided that the current measures must remain in place.
CHRIS WHITTY: It's going to take a long time, and I think we need to be aware of that.
BORIS JOHNSON: We are past the peak of this disease.
KEIR STARMER: But up until now, the government's reply to me has been we're not going to produce a plan.
NICOLA STURGEON: If I say to you my message now is stay alert and you say to me, but does that mean I stay at home or not?
DOMINIC CUMMINGS: We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely.
BORIS JOHNSON: National hibernation is beginning to come to an end.
- This is happening all around the country. Why is Leicester the only place?
RISHI SUNAK: An eat out to help out discount.
- I went back to the manager and said, I've made a mistake here. He's like, no, it's not a mistake. It's half price.
BORIS JOHNSON: The virus has started to spread again in an exponential way.
KEIR STARMER: The government's own scientific advisors, Sage, gave very clear advice. Why did the prime minister reject that advice and abandon the science?
BORIS JOHNSON: He wants to close pubs. He wants to close bars. He wants to close businesses in areas across the country where the incidence is low.
We will get through this, but we must act now to contain this autumn surge.
- There's a big worry here in St Albans and across the whole country that a lot of people won't make it.
BORIS JOHNSON: You will be able to form a Christmas bubble.
- You escape what has become at home a delightful little prison.
- Why is it that we've come out in a higher tier than London? If he thinks that London's economy is more important than the north, than just come out and say it.
BORIS JOHNSON: It is with a very heavy heart I must tell you we cannot continue with Christmas as planned.
NICOLA STURGEON: I knew how unfair it is, but this virus is unfair.
MARK DRAKEFORD: There are hundreds of people in Wales who are suffering from this new variation.
- I feel like it's the light at the end of the tunnel, and in that vial is just a little bit of sunshine shining through.
BORIS JOHNSON: We have no choice but to return to a national lockdown.
The number of deaths recorded from COVID in the UK has surpassed 100,000.
This program of vaccination is creating a shield around the entire population, which means that we're now traveling on a one-way road to freedom.