You don’t have to break the bank to enjoy gourmet-style food. In this episode of ITK: $10 Fine Dining, our host and chef Andreas Joshua (@andreasjoshua) walks us through his recipe for cherry tomato and garlic pasta. Using fresh ingredients and skillful cooking techniques, you can make the same high-quality gourmet pasta dish for less than $10 per serving. Here’s how to make gourmet pasta for two:
6 ounces fresh spaghetti
2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
6 garlic cloves, sliced
Olive oil to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
Basil to garnish
1. Put a pan over medium-high heat, and add in a generous pour of olive oil. Once hot, add in garlic, continue to stir to keep the garlic moving, and sprinkle in salt and pepper.
2. When the garlic is slightly browned, add in tomatoes, and continue to stir. Season again with salt and pepper
3. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add in pasta.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, use tongs to transfer it directly into the pan with garlic and tomatoes. Add a ladle of salted pasta water to the pan and stir until the noodles are well-coated.
5. Continue to simmer the pan until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of olive oil and garnish with basil.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
The post You only need $10 worth of ingredients to make this delicious, gourmet pasta dish at home appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know: