Due to the extent of damage to Florida’s electrical grid by Hurricane Ian, reopenings of many businesses and organizations across Manatee County have been affected.
Many grocery stores have been reopened, and gas stations are slowly getting back online and awaiting deliveries.
If you have an opening or delay to include on this list, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Sarasota Bradenton International Airport reopened 8 p.m. Thursday. The first commercial flights are expected to resume late Friday afternoon, Sept. 30.
▪ Some gas stations have reopened. Some have not. To find which stations have reopened in Manatee County visit gasbuddy.com.
▪ Detwiler’s Farm Market store at 1800 U.S.-301, Palmetto, reopened for business Friday with 9 a.m. -8 p.m. hours. Their other locations remain closed.
▪ Publix is operating under modified hours. Publix has an interactive map on its website where you can check for updates.
▪ Target updates are available through Target’s store locator tool.
▪ Walmart has an interactive map on its website where you can check for updates.
▪ Aldi To check the status of any adjusted store hours or closures ,visit: https://www.aldi.us/stores/.
▪ Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee has adjusted operations schedules as a result of Hurricane Ian. Home-delivered meals will resumed Friday, Sept. 30. Daybreak Adult Day Center and Friendship Dining Centers will remain closed to clients on Friday, Sept. 30. Food distributions are planned early next week. Updates will be posted at www.MealsOnWheelsPLUS.org and on social media.
▪ U.S. Postal Service deliveries have resumed in some parts of Manatee County.
Events and more
▪ The Master Gardener Volunteer Plant Sale scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 1, has been postponed until Oct. 15 at Manatee County Extension, 1303 17th St. W in Palmetto.
▪ The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature will reopen at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 1.
▪ The Bradenton Public Market scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 1, has been canceled. The Market will return for its new season on Saturday, Oct. 8, on Old Main Street in Bradenton.
▪ Mixon Fruit Farms, 2525 27th St. E., which had planned to reopen Friday, Sept. 30, is still without power.
▪ The Foundation for Dreams Endless Summer Nights event scheduled for Friday, Sept. 30t at Micheal’s on East. has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
▪ The Tidewell veterans event A Morning with Col. Mark W. Tillman scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 28, at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall has been postponed.
▪ The Oct. 1 Salvation Army fundraising event, An Evening of Hope Gala, has been postponed. A new date will be negotiated after the storm.
▪ McCurdys Comedy Theatre, 1923 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, will be closed for the weekend and is getting ready for reopening next week.
▪ The Jerry Seinfeld show originally scheduled for Friday at the Van Wezel Performing Hall has been rescheduled to Jan. 13. All tickets purchased for the Sept. 30 performance will be honored for the new date.