We may receive commission from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
When the weather outside is frightful, the concept of hiding under the covers sounds pretty darn tempting. Since hibernation is not in the cards and commuting while wrapped in your comforter is a pipe dream, the next best thing is a self-heating jacket, obviously.
Enter these battery-operated, heated hoodies and jackets by Ororo. They’re soft, long-lasting, and get toasty in seconds with the touch of a button — and today on Amazon, they’re almost half off. Utter brilliance all around. You can have your hands on an Ororo jacket in two days with Amazon Prime. Not a member? Sign up here for all the entertainment and shopping benefits Amazon offers. Member now? Get one of these jackets in a jiffy, so you can wear it the next time you're hanging outdoors.
Each of the jackets on sale today incorporates three carbon fiber elements into their cozy fleece linings — two across the front and one in the back. You can even adjust the settings between low, medium, and high, with the warmth level starting at 100 degrees Fahrenheit and maxing out at 130.
The garments run on 7.4V UL/CE-certified batteries which, when fully charged, provide up to 10 hours of toasty insulation. And it doesn’t matter if you’re taking a walk to the supermarket or embarking on an uphill hike — the battery is designed to keep heat stable despite your activity level. Bringing your Ororo jacket on a ski trip in the Alps? The company even provides a universal travel adapter for charging up anywhere.
Ororo heated apparel is designed for convenience, and that includes upkeep. Each jacket and hoodie is fully machine washable. Just remove the battery pack and zip up the pouch before popping it into the gentle cycle.
If it all sounds too amazing to be true, check out what Amazon shoppers have to say about these cold-weather heroes.
“Like being wrapped in a heated blanket,” wrote one fan. “This thing really cranks out some heat. It's also SUPER comfortably and nice looking...I'm sitting in my freezing cold office and everyone is shivering and I feel like I'm lying on a heating pad.”
Shop it: ORORO Heated Hoodie with Battery Pack (Unisex), starts at $98 (was $140), amazon.com
“This is a godsend if you hate cold as much as I do,” wrote one happy customer. “Such a brilliant product and keeps me comfortable outside in the cold when I absolutely hate winter and cold. It's so easy to set up and use.... The coat itself is so well made down to the stitching. It's not only beautiful but sleek and comfortable with the lining; has a great hood, and several pockets that are handy. Zipper is sturdy and strong...this will be my BFF all winter long.”
Shop it: ORORO Women's Slim Fit Heated Jacket with Battery Pack and Detachable Hood, starting at $105 (was $200), amazon.com
“I went to Alaska to go see the glaciers,” wrote a thrilled shopper. “While on the boat the temperatures dropped and the wind kicked in. I honestly felt nothing!!”
Shop it: ORORO Men's Soft Shell Heated Jacket with Detachable Hood and Battery Pack, $105 (was $150), amazon.com
Want to see more Amazon deals? Check them out below:
· TCL 40-inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV, $230 (was $350), amazon.com
Headphone and earbud deals:
· Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $110 (was $159), amazon.com
· Sennheiser CX True Wireless Earbuds, $100 (was $130), amazon.com
Smartphone, smartwatch and tablet deals:
· Fire HD 8 Kids Pro tablet, $90 (was $140), amazon.com
· Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, $35 (was $40), amazon.com
Smart home deals:
· Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat, $91 (was $130), amazon.com
· Kasa Indoor Pan/Tilt Smart Home Camera, $31 (was $40), amazon.com
· iRobot Roomba i7+, $749 (was $1,000), amazon.com
· Eufy by Anker BoostIQ RoboVac, $176 (was $280), amazon.com
· Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, $18 (was $27), amazon.com
· Covergirl Lash Blast Clean Volume Mascara, $4 (was $11), amazon.com
· Satina High Waisted Leggings for Women, $14 (was $20), amazon.com
· ANRABESS Womens Turtleneck, $30 (was $53), amazon.com
Bedding and home deals:
· MooMee Bedding Duvet Cover Set, $60 (was $90), amazon.com
· Queen Size Cooling Mattress Topper, $40 (was $60), amazon.com
· Homelike Moment Lightweight Comforter Set, $57 (was $90), amazon.com
· LuxClub 6 PC Sheet Set Bamboo Sheets, $35 (was $57), amazon.com
The reviews quoted above reflect the most recent versions at the time of publication.
Read More from Yahoo Life:
Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for Yahoo Entertainment & Life's newsletter.