- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Oscars producers are once again in hot water for missing more stars in the annual In Memoriam montage.
During Sunday's (February 24) awards ceremony, the show took time out from handing out awards to pay tribute to many of those legends who we've lost over the last 12 months - including Marvel legend Stan Lee, Burt Reynolds, Superman star Margot Kidder and more.
But, there were complaints from viewers on Twitter when Verne Troyer was snubbed from the montage, despite being a huge part of the Austin Powers movie franchise as Mini-Me.
- Ellen (@SeattleTeaEllen) February 25, 2019
I’m pretty sure Verne Troyer died last year and I’m even more sure he was snubbed in the “Memoriam” presentation #oscars
- Almost Taymous (@almosttaymous) February 25, 2019
How do you forget Verne Troyer off the Oscar memorial?!?!?
- Jacob BD Holmes (@JacobBDHolmes) February 25, 2019
Can't believe the "In Memoriam" snubbed Verne Troyer. Not one mentioned of him during it. #Oscars
- Kevin Brock (@KBrocking) February 25, 2019
#Oscars I can't believe the In Memoriams missed Verne Troyer
- Gumshoe Samma (@theRealiHeart) February 25, 2019
Verne Troyer wasn’t included in the Oscar memoriam montage. Here’s how most people feel about him being left out is disrespectful. #gif #vernetroyer #minime @TheAcademy #oscars pic.twitter.com/MMYFlf18TM
- nickthemoviecritic (@nickthemoviecr1) February 25, 2019
Verne Troyer got snubbed by the In Memorium
- Dylan MacKinnon (@DylanFMackinnon) February 25, 2019
Troyer – whose other notable movie credits included Men in Black, Jingle All the Way and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas – wasn't the only significant star snubbed.
While Mahoney was best known for playing the father in classic sitcom Frasier, he also had memorable film roles in Say Anything..., The Iron Giant and In the Line of Fire. (And just to set the record straight, he was not included in last year's montage as some have claimed!)
Legit surprised that R. Lee Ermey and Julie Adams weren't included, though. Sadly expected the absence of people such as Dick Miller, Harry Anderson, Donald Moffat, and Verne Troyer #Oscars
- Dead Meat (@deadmeatjames) February 25, 2019
- Chris Cabin (@Crabin) February 25, 2019
- Opinionated Reviews, Man (@MyOpinionsMan) February 25, 2019
JOHN MAHONEY LEFT OUT OF THE IN MEMORIAM, UNFORGIVABLE
- molly 🍜 (@libra_ghost) February 25, 2019
#oscars No mention of john mahoney or academy award winning actress Dorothy Malone
- Larry Nolte (@NolteLarry) February 25, 2019
- Mojo Girl (@KatyGarretson) February 25, 2019
This is hardly a new phenomenon. Batman '66 star Adam West and RoboCop's Miguel Ferrer were snubbed in last year's In Memoriam reel and Oscar winner Patricia Arquette slammed producers for leaving out her sibling Alexis Arquette the year before.
Other notable snubs included Farrah Fawcett in 2010, which the Film Academy explained at the time by arguing she was best known for her TV work.
The 91st Academy Awards aired on Sunday night live on ABC in the US and Sky in the UK from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
('You Might Also Like',)