I have a love/hate relationship with Ozark. On the plus side, the Netflix crime drama’s ensemble — powered by Julia Garner’s breakout, Emmy-winning performance as Ruth — is an embarrassment of prestige TV riches. On the down side, the series’ frustrating tendency to prioritize plot over character regularly undermines the emotional stakes and reduces occasionally interesting and complex characters to one-dimensional pawns in what often feels like a low-rent Breaking Bad.
Short-story-shorter: I breezed through all 10 of Season 3’s intermittently flawed, occasionally brilliant episodes and here are the 15 moments that caused my jaw to drop (sometimes while my eyes were rolling).
More from TVLine
- What's New on Netflix in April
- Joe Exotic Casting Call: Which Actor's Got the Eye of the Tiger (King)? Vote!
- Ian Somerhalder's V Wars Among 2 Freshman Dramas Cancelled at Netflix
Best of TVLine
- Grey's Anatomy's 25 Best Couples Ever
- 15 Polarizing TV Character Exits From Grey's Anatomy, Buffy and More
- TV's Best Bottle Episodes for When You, Too, Are Stuck in One Spot