PALOS, IL — The police departments in Palos Heights, Palos Hills and Palos Park are joining numerous other law enforcement agencies who are taking measures to protect their officers and the public from possible exposure to the new coronavirus. These changes will take effect immediately.
Until further notice, officers will only be responding to high priority and emergency calls, including:
- Violent crimes and crimes against people
- Domestic-related incidents, either in progress or when the offender is still on the scene;
- Incidents, such as burglaries, that require the collection of evidence
- Serious motor vehicle crashes
- Other incidents will be decided on a case-by-case basis by a department supervisor and/or if a police officer deems necessary
- If able, please met the police officer outside your home or business.
For low priority calls, non-emergency, minor property crimes or ordinance violations, the public is asked to call 911 or the police department’s non-emergency numbers:
- Palos Heights, 708-448-5060
- Palos Hills, 708-598-2151
- Palos Park, 708-448-2191
Residents are asked to refrain from going to the respective Palos police departments to file low incident reports. Please do not go the police station if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have traveled outside the United States within the last 14 days.