MAJADAHONDA, SPAIN (FILE - MAY 28, 2020) (LA LIGA HANDOUT - ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF PARTEY (RED TAPE ON RIGHT HAND AND WRIST) WARMING UP DURING ATLETICO MADRID TRAINING
2. PARTEY JUMPING UP ON BENCHES
MAJADAHONDA, SPAIN (FILE - FEBRUARY 17, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
3. PARTEY DURING PASSING AND RUNNING DRILL
4. PARTEY AMONG TEAM MATES
5. PARTEY CHASING BALL DURING RONDO DRILL
LEVERKUSEN, GERMANY (FILE - NOVEMBER 5, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
6. PARTEY CHATTING WITH DIEGO COSTA
MAJADAHONDA, SPAIN (FILE - DECEMBER 10, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
7. VARIOUS OF PARTEY DURING PASSING DRILL
MADRID, SPAIN (FILE - MAY 9, 2017) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
8. PARTEY PASSING AMONG TEAM MATES
MAJADAHONDA, SPAIN (FILE - APRIL 5, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
9. PARTEY STRETCHING WITH FORMER TEAM MATE DIEGO GODIN
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - OCTOBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS - EDITORIAL USE ONLY) (MUTE)
10. STILL PHOTO SHOWING TORREIRA CELEBRATING AFTER SCORING A GOAL FOR ARSENAL DURING A CARABAO CUP FOURTH ROUND MATCH AGAINST LIVERPOOL
LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - DECEMBER 29, 2019) (REUTERS - EDITORIAL USE ONLY) (MUTE)
11. VARIOUS STILL PHOTOS SHOWING TORREIRA IN ACTION FOR ARSENAL DURING A PREMIER LEAGUE MATCH AGAINST CHELSEA
LONDON COLNEY, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - MAY 1, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
12. GUENDOUZI WITH ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE AND PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG BEFORE ARSENAL TRAINING SESSION
13. GUENDOUZI (LEFT) NEXT TO AUBAMEYANG
KALLANG, SINGAPORE (FILE - JULY 27, 2018) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
14. GUENDOUZI (RIGHT) DURING TRAINING
STORY: Premier League side Arsenal completed the biggest move of transfer deadline day as they secured the 50 million euro ($58.90 million) signing of Thomas Partey from Atletico Madrid, both sides announced on Monday (October 5).
"La Liga on Monday informed Atletico Madrid at 23:28 that representatives from Arsenal arrived at the footballing body's headquarters looking to meet Thomas Partey's release clause," read a statement on Aletico's website just before the midnight CET deadline.
"Thus, the player has unilaterally ended his work contract that he had signed with the club through to 30 June 2023."
Arsenal then announced the deal on social media at 23:15 local time.
Under La Liga rules all players must have a buyout clause in their contracts and any club wishing to activate it must deposit the full amount with the Spanish league, who release the player's registration before passing the fee onto the selling club.
Partey, 27, joined the Spanish side's youth academy in 2012 and has gone on to establish himself as an integral part of Diego Simeone's side since making his debut in 2015.
In a separate deal, Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreria has joined Atleti on a season-long loan deal, while out-of-favour Frenchman Matteo Guendouzi also left the Emirates Stadium for Hertha Berlin on loan.
- One, two, three, four.