Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
When it's cold outside this winter, try our spin on a warming cup of hot chocolate. Top with candy canes pieces for an extra festive garnish.
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed peppermint candies
- 5 1/2 cups of milk
- 12 ounces whit baking chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- mini marshmallows for garnish
- crushed peppermint for garnish
- Candy Cane Spoons 12-pack, $13.69 (originally $15.91)
- Anchor Hocking Café Glass Coffee Mugs, 6-Pack, $19.30
First, make whipped cream: In a small bowl, whisk cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in crushed candy pieces.
Make hot chocolatE: In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until it bubbles form around sides of pan. Stir chocolate into milk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in mint extract.
Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream. Garnish with candy pieces and marshmallows.