Like many residents of the small town of Hartville, OH, Philip Snider spent his days drinking coffee at local fast-food restaurants. It's in one of those chain restaurants that he met the mysterious Missy, who didn't seem to care that Philip's wife was missing - and that the rumor was that he was behind her disappearance.
When Philip Met Missy, premiering on discovery+ on April 27, reveals exactly what happened between Philip and his wife, Roberta. It's a twisted case, made all the more confusing by the fact that Philip's story seemed to change every time he was questioned by police. Through Missy's eyes - and restaurant surveillance footage - we finally get to the disturbing truth. What happened to Roberta, and just who is Missy?
Check out our exclusive clip to get a peek at the new true-crime documentary special.
- You owe me a peck on the cheek.
- I do. Yes I do.
- A nice big wet one.
- It was like we're watching a love story unfold, in a fast food restaurant.
- She was young and pretty.
- And he liked the attention.
- Why do you and I get along so good. That's why I want you to marry me.
- I thought it was suspicious.
- There's three or four others I thought would have killed their wives before Phil did.
- So you think I whacked her?
- No, but at the same time, I don't care.
- It was like a cat and mouse game to him at this point.
- None of us saw that coming.
- I love that you trust me that much.
- You want me to get down on one knee?
- I don't think I've ever had a murder confession and a marriage proposal in the same case.
- Is love blind?
- I would say yes, love is blind.
- I'd say, it can definitely have cataracts at times.