A Pittsburgh woman is facing several charges after her 4-month-old baby allegedly died from a drug overdose.
First responders were called to a Brownsville Road apartment in Carrick on Jan. 25 for a report of an unresponsive baby.
Katie Grimes, 33, told Pittsburgh police she was sleeping and woke to find the baby boy not breathing, according to court documents.
First responders performed CPR on the baby before he was taken by ambulance to UPMC Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives found stamp bags in the apartment, according to court documents, and the medical examiner determined the baby died of accidental fentanyl toxicity.
Grimes is facing charges of endangering the welfare of children, involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and possession.
Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.
‘We just want to find my dad’ Family of missing fishermen asking for public’s help in locating him Man escapes rehab center, tries robbing bank in Shadyside for second time in a month, police say 1 dead, 2 injured after crash in Aliquippa VIDEO:Daycare collapses in Pitcairn DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts