Pokken Tournament, the Pokemon-meets-Tekken arcade fighter that hit Japanese arcades earlier this summer, will receive a worldwide release on Wii U next spring. The announcement came from the Pokemon World Championships, which are being held this weekend in Boston, and was accompanied by a new trailer for the title, posted above. The console release announcement follows news that Dave & Busters, the North American arcade-restaurant chain, would be testing Pokken Tournament in select locations across the U.S. and Canada.
In much more important news, Pikachu Libre, a dressed-up version of the franchise mascot, was announced as a new fighter for the title. You can get a feel for his distinct, versatile fighting style in the trailer above.
More from polygon.com:
- Deadpool's trailer for the Deadpool trailer is better than most trailers
- How to stop Windows 10's prying eyes
- Rare Replay review: in times past
- Japanese report says Konami is a deeply unhappy workplace
- Every Gears of War now part of Xbox One remaster thanks to backward compatibility
- Indiana Jones was an abusive creep (but he was almost much worse)
- The Tom Cruise backlash never existed