AT SEA (OCTOBER 10, 2020) (OCEANCUP/FASTLOUDPHOTOGRAPHY - NO RESALES)
1. (ALL SHOTS ARE AERIALS) RED #77 LUCAS OIL 'SILVERHOOK' BOAT UNDERWAY JUST OFFSHORE FROM HUNTINGTON BEACH - THE STARTING POINT FOR 112.5 MILE (181 KM) OCEAN CUP 'RUM RUN' RACE TO CATALINA ISLAND AND BACK
2. VARIOUS OF #77 BOAT JUST AFTER STARTING RACE
3. VARIOUS OF GREEN #502 'BATBOAT' UNDERWAY
4. WIDE OF #77 BOAT HEADING TOWARDS CATALINA ISLAND
5. INSIDE OF CHASE HELICOPTER FOLLOWING #77 BOAT
6. CHASE HELICOPTER FOLLOWING #77 BOAT GOING AROUND CATALINA ISLAND
7. VARIOUS OF #77 BOAT GOING AROUND CATALINA ISLAND
8. MULTIPLE CAMERA SHOT (SHOWING DRIVER AND THROTTLEMAN) FROM INTERIOR OF #77 BOAT REACHING 126 MILES PER HOUR (202.7 KPH) GOING AROUND CATALINA ISLAND
9. #77 BOAT GOING PAST CHASE HELICOPTER
10. HELICOPTER STARTING TO FOLLOW #502 BATBOAT GOING AROUND CATALINA ISLAND
11. #502 BATBOAT GOING AROUND CATALINA ISLAND
12. #77 BOAT AT FINISH JUST OFFSHORE OF HUNTINGTON BEACH GETTING CHECKERED FLAG AND HOLDING IT UP
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 10, 2020) (OCEANCUP/FASTLOUDPHOTOGRAPHY - NO RESALES)
13. #77 AND #502 BOATS ON TRAILERS AFTER EVENT
STORY: Ocean worthy powerboats took to the waters of Southern California Saturday (October 10) to take part in the 2020 Ocean Cup 'Rum Run' event.
The race, won by the #77 Lucas Oil 'Silverhook' entry, was the fifth edition of the Ocean Cup and commemorated an offshore powerboat race held in the area from 1968 to 1985.
Competitors in this year's race completed a 112.5 mile (181km) course from Huntington Beach out around Catalina Island and back.
The boats sport high performance race engines with the #77 boat powered by two turbocharged V8s, each making up to 1500 horsepower, that helped it reach a speed of 126 miles per hour (109 knots) during the race.
(Production: David Grip)
- Look at that shot. Wow.
- I see it. Yeah.