Prince Harry’s memoir reportedly wasn’t changed after Queen Elizabeth’s death

Hannah McKay/Pool/AFP/Getty Images North America/TNS

Prince Harry’s upcoming memoir, “Spare,” will also spare readers new details about the royal family, according to British media reports.

Readers of “Spare,” which Harry penned with help from ghostwriter J.R. Moehringer, shouldn’t expect for it to shed much new light on the Duke of Sussex nor his life, and it wasn't edited or rewritten after his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, died in September, Yahoo News UK reports.

Touted as a “raw” piece of writing with “insight, revelation, self-examination and hard-won wisdom” from Harry, 38, the book is due just under three years after he and his wife, the former Meghan Markle, 41, retreated from their senior royal duties and moved to the U.S.

The title of the Penguin Random House book — hitting shelves Jan. 10, on the heels of Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary, “Rattled” — is a reference to the royal spare, or the monarch’s sibling.

“My hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think,” Harry has said previously.

Though some outlets have claimed that “Spare” does its fair share of “trashing” the royal family, Yahoo is among the outlets to report that it does not.

Even so, senior members of the palace have a “genuine fear” about what the book and any revelations in there could signify for “reputations and relations,” the Yahoo report says.

———