Prince Philip will remain in the hospital for several more days, Buckingham Palace says.
The duke is "comfortable and responding to treatment," it has been confirmed.
Philip was admitted to the hospital on February 16 for treatment for an infection.
Prince Philip is expected to remain in the hospital for several more days and is being treated for an infection, Buckingham Palace confirmed on Tuesday.
"The Duke of Edinburgh remains at King Edward VII's Hospital where he is receiving medical attention for an infection," a palace spokesperson said in a statement obtained by Insider. "He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days."
The 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was admitted to the London hospital on February 16 under guidance from his doctor.
The palace said in its initial statement that the royal's hospital admission was a precautionary measure after he felt unwell, but did not previously specify that he was being treated for an infection.
Philip previously spent four nights at King Edward VII's Hospital in December 2019, where he was treated for a pre-existing condition, and was treated at the same hospital for an infection in June 2017.
Prince William was asked about his grandfather's condition during a recent visit to a COVID-19 vaccination center in Norfolk, England, on Monday.
"Yes, he's OK. They're keeping an eye on him," William responded, before giving a wink, The Guardian reports.
The Queen and Prince Philip's youngest son Prince Edward gave an update on his condition earlier today, telling Sky News that he's doing "a lot better."
"As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to him the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing," Edward said. "So we keep our fingers crossed."
Read the original article on Insider