Prosecutors to present Ohio Craigslist evidence

Defendant Richard Beasley takes notes during his murder trial in Summit County Court on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 in Akron, Ohio. Beasley, the alleged mastermind of a deadly plot to lure victims with phony Craigslist job offers, a scheme that led to three deaths and the wounding of a fourth man, went on trial Monday for murder, with prosecutors outlining motives of robbery and identity theft. (AP Photo/Akron Beacon Journal, Michael Chritton, Pool)

AKRON, Ohio (AP) -- Prosecutors have begun presenting witness testimony to show that robbery and identity theft were the motives behind attacks two years ago that left three men in Ohio dead and a fourth wounded. The victims were lured by phony Craigslist job offers.

The trial of 53-year-old alleged triggerman Richard Beasley resumed Tuesday in Akron. He has pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder and kidnapping charges in the killings that began in August 2011.

Beasley's teenage co-defendant was convicted last year and sentenced to life in prison.

Prosecutor Emily Pelphrey told jurors Monday in opening statements that Beasley wanted a new identity "and he got it."

Beasley's attorney, James Burdon, told the jury there isn't enough evidence to prove his client committed the crimes.