NEW CANAAN, CT — State prosecutors have requested a few more days to respond to Michelle Troconis' recent motion seeking modifications to the terms of her release in the Jennifer Farber Dulos disappearance case.
Senior Assistant State's Attorney Ronald Geller is seeking until July 3 to respond to Troconis' motion, in part because he has had to care for young daughter who recently underwent surgery, according to court documents obtained by News 12 Connecticut's Marissa Alter.
Troconis is next scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 6, but her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, argues that she has been forced to wear a GPS monitoring device and been under house arrest for more than a year, despite her posting bond on bail of $2.1 million. Her hearings repeatedly have been rescheduled due to the closing of courthouses because of the coronavirus pandemic.
"This is an emergency motion because the undersigned is unable to obtain a Superior Court hearing to modify any of these conditions, the case has been continued multiple times, and the Superior Court for the Fairfield Judicial District, which is currently handling Stamford cases, either can not – or will not – schedule this case, despite refiling of said motions in that court," Schoenhorn wrote.
Troconis was the girlfriend of the late Fotis Dulos, who was accused of murdering his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, in late May 2019. Fotis committed suicide in January before he could stand trial, and Jennifer's remains have not been found.
Prosecutors charged Troconis and Kent Mawhinney, an attorney and former friend of Fotis Dulos, with conspiracy to commit murder; Mawhinney remains in custody and is scheduled to next appear in court on July 9.
The Dulos case:
- Fotis Dulos Dies After Suicide Attempt: Attorney
- Michelle Troconis Had Expired Passport, Contact With Fotis: State
- Jennifer Dulos Case Search Warrants: Fotis Tried To Run Her Over
- 6 Facts About Jennifer Dulos Murder Case
- Warrant Details Possible Motive On Why Jennifer Dulos Was Killed And Why Police Believe She Is Dead
- 2 Of 3 Suspects Bond Out In Jennifer Farber Dulos Murder Case
- The Haggling Over Fotis Dulos Estate Has Begun: Report
- CT Man Caught Trespassing At Fotis Dulos' Farmington Home: PD
- Jennifer Dulos' Killer Still At Large, Says Fotis Dulos' Family
- Finding Jennifer Dulos Remains '#1 Focus' For Chief Prosecutor
- Jennifer Dulos Was Never In 'Human Grave' Prosecutor Says: Report
- State Supreme Court Dismisses Dulos Gag Order Appeal