Pueblo police investigating apparent murder-suicide

Pueblo police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide after responding to a report of shots fired and finding two men dead Thursday night.

At approximately 10:23 p.m., officers were called to a local business in the 4100 block of N. Elizabeth Street on a report of shots fired. Upon arrival, they found two men dead.

The incident was initially investigated as a pair of suspicious deaths, but is now being investigated as a homicide and suicide, according to police.

The names of the deceased will be released by the Pueblo County Coroner's Office after appropriate notifications have been made.

Pueblo public safety news:Pueblo man sentenced to 12 years in prison for shooting two men in August 2020

The incident marks the 28th homicide in the city of Pueblo police this year after the city saw a record 30 homicides in 2021. Three homicides also have been recorded in Pueblo County in 2022.

Here's what we know about the 27 previous homicides recorded in the city of Pueblo, and three homicides recorded in Pueblo County, in 2022:

What we know about this year's homicides

Questions, comments, or story tips? Contact Justin at jreutterma@gannett.com. Follow him on Twitter @jayreutter1.

This article originally appeared on The Pueblo Chieftain: Pueblo police investigating apparent murder-suicide