Your name: Constance Scott
Which seat are you running for? Seat C
What is your age and date of birth? 66 years old DOB: 8/23/1954
What is your family status? Married
What is your address and how long have you lived there? 300 E Royal Palm Rd. Apt 22B Boca Raton, FL 33432. 26-year Boca Raton Resident
Please tell us about your education and the highest degree you attained.
‣ University of Michigan; Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics
‣ National Development Council Economic Development Financial Practitioner Courses
‣ Leadership Boca, Chamber of Commerce Boca Raton, Graduate
‣ Registered Series 7 License
‣ Real Estate Licensee State of Florida
What is your occupation?
Director of Local Relations, FAU
Please outline your work history for the past 15 years.
1/4 u00b7 Director of Local Relations, FAU April 2015 - Present
1/4 u00b7 Certified Business Analyst. Growth Acceleration Counselor, SBDC UWF and PBSC 2014-2015
1/4 u00b7 Business Banker, Citibank 2007-2014
1/4 u00b7 Director of Business Development, Global Acquisition Capital Corporation 2004-2007
Have you ever been arrested, charged or convicted of a crime? Have you ever received a “withheld adjudication” or had a matter sealed or expunged? If yes, please explain.
Have you ever been a plaintiff or a defendant in a civil action, including bankruptcy or foreclosure, or had a restraining order issued against you? If so, please explain.
Are you a member of any civic groups? If so, please name them.
1/4 u00b7 Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, Board of Directors, County Commission Appointee
1/4 u00b7 Boca Raton Bowl, Executive Committee
1/4 u00b7 Boca Raton Championship Golf Tournament, Executive Committee
1/4 u00b7 Boca Raton Police Athletic League, Board Member
1/4 u00b7 Boca Raton Downtown Rotary Club, Paul Harris Fellow
1/4 u00b7 Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Trustee (2007-2011)
1/4 u00b7 Boca Raton Historical Society, Member
1/4 u00b7 Serve as liaison between FAU and the City of Boca Raton
1/4 u00b7 Fmr. Boca Raton City Councilmember
1/4 u00b7 Fmr. Chair of the Boca Raton CRA
Have you ever run for office before? If so, where and when?
Yes, I was elected in 2009 to the Boca Raton City Council and was re-elected in 2012
Why are you running for this office?
I am running for the Boca Raton City Council to bring independent and consistent leadership that will keep our city moving forward.
I am focused on Boca Raton’s critical issues, and I have the experience to get the job done:
‣ Prioritizing the health and safety our community.
‣ Support our small businesses to create jobs and foster economic opportunities.
‣ Strong fiscal management
‣ World class essential services & keeping our beaches, parks, greenspaces and neighborhoods clean
‣ Continue our city’s strong partnership with FAU.
‣ Historic Preservation
‣ Ensure our city gets the funding we need to improve Infrastructure.
I’m all in for Boca Raton, and I believe that with citizen input, innovative ideas and the experience to make good decisions for our future, we can these achieve great things together as one community.
If you have chosen to run against an incumbent, why specifically have you done so?
When Boca Raton needed leadership to get through the economic recession, I stepped up, went to work as your city council member and we got things done. Now, we are facing a pandemic that brings new challenges. I’ll put my experience to work for Boca Raton on day one, because I don’t need on the job training. I have a track record of getting things done.
This was an open seat when I filed to run to replace term-limited Councilman Rodgers.
Please describe your city and/or your district as you would to someone who has never visited.
Boca Raton is a world-class city, but that didn’t happen overnight. It took leadership, experience and collaboration to shape our community into the family, business, visitor, job, and educational destination it is today. I’m proud of our city. It’s where I grew up, and I plan to retire here – I’ll never stop working to
In your view, what are the top three issues facing your city or district?
1. Prioritizing public health and safety with an efficient COVID-19 vaccine rollout and continued relief and recovery for residents and local businesses. I will work our first responders and front-line workers to give them the support they need to keep our streets safe and secure.
2. Growing jobs and our economy by creating more employment opportunities and helping our local businesses thrive. I will keep taxes low and prioritize spending, while ensuring greater budgetary oversight and accountability.
3. Managing Growth and improving infrastructure. I will protect our city from overdevelopment and make sure residents have a voice in how we shape our city. I’ll also work to reduce traffic congestion and improve pedestrian safety.
How would you assess the performance of the city commission? What grade would you give the commission for how it works? Why?
I would give the current commission a B for how it is currently working because I believe we can always do better to set goals and have a vision for the future of our city while holding our elected leaders accountable to reaching these goals.
Is there anything you want us to know about your opponent(s)?
My opponent, Yvette Drucker does not have the experience necessary for the job. Especially during a pandemic, we should be electing proven leaders with experience recovering from an economic crisis. She has been handpicked by certain members of the community, behind the scenes, in an attempt at a power grab. We need independent voices and leadership on the council, not someone who will serve others political agendas.
Is there anything that we didn’t ask about that you would like to bring up?
I am a 26-year resident of Boca Raton and Boca High School graduate. I have been coming to this great city since I was 6 years old and love it here. I have served before and am ready to serve again to help bring us out of this pandemic, recover and rebuild.
I will work to build on accomplishments we had during my time on the council such as the I95/Spanish River interchange, Bringing the Boca Raton Bowl to our city, revitalizing Sanborn Square, building world-class libraries and fire stations, and improving amenities such as our golf courses.
Is there anything about yourself that we didn’t ask about that would embarrass you if an opponent found out?
Why should voters vote for you?
Now, perhaps more than ever, we need experienced leadership in our city. COVID 19 has presented a series of new challenges for city government, our community, and our economy. My professional background, previous experience on the Council, and leadership in the community make me the most prepared and effective candidate. We have significant challenges facing our city – health and safety with COVID19, support for our small businesses, infrastructure needs, ensuring fiscal management during the upcoming budgetary years, and continuity as we see top level city staff retire.
How much money have you raised so far? Please include today’s date.
$80,000 as of 1/27/2021
Have you received any other endorsements? If so, which ones?
To date, my campaign has been endorsed by:
- Palm Beach County Human Rights Council Voters Alliance
- The Realtors of Broward, The Palm Beaches, and St. Lucie
- Boca Raton Fire Fighters Local 1560
- Boca Raton Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 35
- Frank Barbieri, Palm Beach County School Board Chair
- 100s of local residents