A mother and father had a close call at an Irving park around 5:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 19. The couple and their two kids were walking around Thomas Jefferson Park in Northwest Irving when the mother slipped and fell through the ice into the pond.
- [INAUDIBLE] traffic.
- All right, I'm going to start dropping here.
- Hey, hey, how strong a swimmer are you?
- I'm good.
- I'm real good.
- Actually, I'll tell you what, I'll hold onto the rope. Just keep them on if you want to swim.
- Hey, same thing, if it gets thrown over your head, let it go over your head, OK?
- Grab that.
- Hey, hey, female, keep holding that one. He's going to give you another one. But let it go over your--
- So we push it all the way to them?
- There you go.
- What are you going to do, bud?
- Grab the ladder!
- Hey, hey, [INAUDIBLE].
- Grab the ladder.
- Do you want to go? I'm going to go.
- Just break the water.
- Grab the ladder. Grab the ladder. Grab the ladder.
- Let's go.
- Yeah, I got you, man.
- Hey, you get off the ice. Get off the ice. Put rope if you can. Hook it to that last rung. Get off the ice.
- I think we get much more weight, I think everybody is going to go in the water.
- Can you get him up at all?
- Hey, this rope that I'm pulling on your ankle. [INAUDIBLE] so I can at least pull you out now. Is she under or up?
- She's up.
- She's up right now. [INAUDIBLE]
- Oh, no, no, no, police, police.
- Where is Papa? Where is Papa?
- He's already there.
- Oh my god. Is that a lady? [INAUDIBLE]
- Oh gosh. Mama.