Rochester Fire Department responds to dryer fire at Edgewood Apartments

·1 min read

May 9—The Rochester Fire Department responded to a possible structure fire in the early hours of Saturday, May 8, at Edgewood Apartments.

Fire crews arrived at the location in the 800 block of 16th Avenue Southeast at approximately 4:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building.

Firefighters used an extinguisher to put out a smoldering fire in the dryer of the first floor's laundry room.

"Considerable smoke" was also coming from the area of the second-floor laundry room.

After further searching, firefighters used an extinguisher to put out active flames in a dryer of the second-floor laundry room.

No injuries were reported. The damage to the dryers and laundry rooms is estimated at $1,500.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting