Russia no longer can carry out an attack on more than one axis, Security and Defense Council Secretary says

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·1 min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Ukraine's National Security and Defense Council Secretary Oleksiy Danilov
Ukraine's National Security and Defense Council Secretary Oleksiy Danilov

Read also: Russian invaders likely to take a break before new offensive in Donbas, says ISW

It no longer has the strength to launch attacks on more than one axis, says Secretary of the National Security Council, Oleksiy Danilov on July 6.

Read also: Fear of confronting Putin will lead to Russian victory in Ukraine

According to The Wall Street Journal, after making their first tactical mistakes, Russia found a working strategy. At the initial stage of the invasion, Russian troops tried to make breakthroughs deep into Ukrainian territory.

They largely failed and lost their elite units. Now the Russian army is advancing slowly under the cover of artillery.

Danilov confirmed that Russia is amassing "a very heavy concentration of artillery and armor in every square kilometer that we are unable to cope with."

As a result, they gain an advantage, so Ukraine is now forced to wage a defensive war.

Read also: Ukraine targets Russian ammo dumps with new weapons, says military expert

Ukrainian forces are seeking to slow Russia's advance by exhausting them and preparing to counterattack when they can deploy more Western weapons.

According to Danilov, the arrival of the HIMARS multiple launch rocket systems in Ukraine gave the Armed Forces the opportunity to reach the previously unattainable targets of the Russian army. Danilov notes that Russian forces are “defenseless” against these missile systems.

He added that Ukraine would need dozens more HIMARS.