Saudi Arabia will wait for the results of an investigation before responding to last weekend's attack on its oil facilities, for which it believes Iran is responsible, a senior official said on Saturday (September 21).
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir told reporters that the probe, which Riyadh has invited international investigators to join, would prove that the Sept. 14 strikes came from the north.
Riyadh has rejected a claim by Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi movement that it carried out the strikes on two oil plants that initially halved Saudi production, the largest-ever assault on oil facilities in the world's top oil exporter.
The kingdom has already said the investigation so far shows that Iranian weapons were used and the attack originated from the north. Saudi Arabia said it was working to pinpoint the exact launch location.
It sees the strikes as a test of global will to preserve international order and will likely make its case at the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week.