On a 56-44 vote, the Senate has declared that the impeachment trial for Donald Trump is constitutional and will move forward. Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana added to the ranks of five Republicans who joined Democrats on a similar vote last week. (Feb. 9)
- Clerks will call the roll.
- Ms. Baldwin.
TAMMY BALDWIN: Aye.
- Ms. Baldwin, aye. Mr Barrasso.
JOHN BARRASSO: No.
- Mr. Barrasso, no. And Mr. Cassidy.
BILL CASSIDY: Yes. [INAUDIBLE]
- Mr. Cassidy, aye. Ms. Collins.
SUSAN COLLINS: Aye.
- Ms. Collins, aye.
- On this vote, the yeas have 56. The nays are 44. And pursuant to [? SRS ?] 47, the Senate having voted in the affirmative on the foregoing question, the Senate shall proceed with the trial as provided under the provisions of that resolution.