Something was being cooked in the Ukraine matter, according to impeachment inquiry testimony from Dr. Fiona Hill, a former official at the National Security Council specializing in Soviet, Russian and European affairs.
In a segment titled Corroborating Evidence, The Late Show host Stephen Colbert broke down her testimony. Hill indicated that during a meeting, former national security adviser John Bolton indicated that he thought Rudolph Giuliani was “a hand grenade that’s going to blow everyone up.”
More from Deadline
- Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah Mock Ukraine President's "Love" Of Trump's Assets
- 'Breaking Bad' Wanna-be's Busted For Creating An Arkansas Meth Lab
- Stephen Colbert Goes All 'Gossip Girl' About Pizzazz-Free Impeachment Hearing
“He seems more like a Molotov cocktail to me,” quipped Colbert. “Used by Russians and full of alcohol.”
Hill testified that she attended a July 11 meeting with Bolton, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, and European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland, during which the conditions of Ukraine leader Volodymyr Zelensky getting a meeting were discussed. After the meeting, Bolton told Hill to go to National Security Council legal adviser John Eisenberg and report that Bolton was “not a part of whatever drug deal that (White House chief of staff Mick) Mulvaney and Sondland were cooking up.”
Colbert pounded on the drug deal statement. “It’s all in the new drama, Breaking Balls.
— The Late Show (@colbertlateshow) November 22, 2019
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers