VIDEO SHOWS: FUENLABRADA SOCCER PLAYER BEING TRANSFERRED TO HOSPITAL AFTER TESTING POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS / HOTEL WHERE SPANISH SECOND DIVISION TEAM FUENLABRADA REMAIN UNDER LOCKDOWN AFTER PLAYERS TESTED POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS/ VOX POPS
RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
A CORUNA, SPAIN (JULY 24, 2020) (FORTA - NO USE SPAIN)
1. HEALTH WORKERS WEARING SPECIAL PROTECTIVE SUITS TRANSFERRING FUENLABRADA SOCCER PLAYER FROM HOTEL TO HOSPITAL BY AMBULANCE, HEALTH WORKER CLOSING AMBULANCE DOOR
2. HEALTH WORKER WEARING SPECIAL PROTECTIVE SUIT NEXT TO AMBULANCE
3. HEALTH WORKER TAKING OFF SPECIAL PROTECTIVE SUIT
4. JOURNALISTS STANDING IN FRONT OF AMBULANCE AND HOTEL
5. LOCAL POLICE MEMBERS WEARING MASKS AND TALKING
6. VARIOUS OF AMBULANCE LEAVING
A CORUNA, SPAIN (JULY 25, 2020) (FORTA - NO USE SPAIN)
7. VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF HOTEL NH COLLECTION FINISTERRE
8. MAN WEARING MASK ENTERING HOTEL AND DISINFECTING SHOES, WOMAN WEARING MASK LEAVING HOTEL
9. HOTEL ENTRANCE
10. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) UNNAMED TOURIST SAYING:
"I think the players and the people of Fuenlabrada are the victims, and the guilty party is La Liga. As they have commented, and I believe it, they (the players) have travelled because they have been told that they had to travel, and the one who has said that they had to come is the one who has to give explanations."
11. (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) A CORUNA RESIDENT SAYING:
"Fear, fear... no. But I think it's totally disrespectful to everyone who lives here."
12. PEOPLE PLAYING TENNIS, HOTEL EXTERIOR
13. SIGN AT HOTEL'S TOP READING "NH COLLECTION"
14. HOTEL WINDOWS
15. PEOPLE WEARING MASKS WALKING OUTSIDE HOTEL
16. HOTEL WINDOW
STORY: Spanish second division team Fuenlabrada confirmed 12 more positive tests for COVID-19 on Saturday (July 25), bringing the total number of cases at the club to 28.
Fuenlabrada's final Spanish second division match against Deportivo La Coruna was postponed on Monday (July 19) after several players tested positive.
Of the latest 12, eight were from the first team squad and coaching staff that is currently isolated in A Coruna while four were new cases discovered in Madrid where the club is based.
"Fuenlabrada want to express our profound pain and concern after the latest round of PCR tests showed a total of 28 positive cases," the club said in a statement.
"There is a total of 12 new cases. Four of the new cases are in Madrid and they haven't had any contact since the match against Elche on July 17."
"The other eight new cases have been giving negative results since Saturday the 18th and, despite being isolated in their rooms for the last six days, they have tested positive today."
The club added that one player who was hospitalised on Friday (July 24) was in a stable condition with "non-serious symptoms".
Following the last round of matches on Monday, Fuenlabrada were left needing a draw to leap back into sixth place and clinch a playoff-promotion berth.
The club said they would evaluate the next steps to be taken and also discuss the matter with La Liga officials.
(Production: Elena Rodriguez)