Stark Bites: Park Street Pizza opening Stark location; Blue Smoke opening at mall

Jaynie Hazlett, general manager of the new North Canton location, and founder, Rocky Shanower, stand in front of the Park Street Pizza sign at 1212 S. Main St. The sign denoting new specials is from a previous business, as Park Street Pizza will offer a menu very similar to its original location.
Jaynie Hazlett, general manager of the new North Canton location, and founder, Rocky Shanower, stand in front of the Park Street Pizza sign at 1212 S. Main St. The sign denoting new specials is from a previous business, as Park Street Pizza will offer a menu very similar to its original location.

Park Street Pizza opening second location in North Canton

Park Street Pizza is opening a new location in the old Pizza BOGO location at 1212 S. Main St. in North Canton.

It is expected to open in mid- to late-April, with a grand opening event most likely in May.

The original Park Street Pizza, at 215 Dover Road NW in Sugarcreek, just celebrated its 20th anniversary.

The North Canton location will be similar to the original location with a few minor adjustments, said owner Rocky Shanower. The North Canton restaurant will be a carryout location.

“We will still be focusing on our signature pizzas and salads along with our seasonal menu collection, vegetarian and gluten-free options all produced from scratch with ingredients from our local partners,” Shanower said. “We are excited to bring a few new items to our menu that we won’t have available in Sugarcreek that we are working on specifically for the North Canton community.”

Customers will be able to use the Park Street Pizza app for online ordering and Park Street’s rewards program. It’s available in the app store for Apple and Android devices.

Shanower said they’re bringing some of their experienced team members from Sugarcreek to launch this location but are hiring, and those interested can apply at parkstreetpizza.com/apply.

For more information, visit parkstreetpizza.com or find Park Street Pizza on Facebook.

Stark County restaurant news:Tickets on sale for North Canton Craft Beer Festival; Fish-fry Fridays

New food truck in Stark:Angello's 2 U launching food truck; That Pop Up Bar hosting chef's table events

Blue Smoke opening March 10 at Belden Village Mall

Blue Smoke, winner of Belden Village Mall’s Taste for the Space competition, is opening at 11:45 a.m. Friday inside the mall.

Jamie Moore, owner and chef at Blue Smoke, was chosen to receive a $50,000 investment prize and six months free rent for an open eatery space inside the mall.

“Blue Smoke is my take on Central Texas BBQ. We focus on serving the highest quality meat while paying the highest attention to detail while preparing it,” Moore said in a prepared statement. “Our mission is to serve up Ohio's most delicious, exciting and imaginative BBQ foods that focus on sustainability, humanely, Ohio-raised livestock.”

Some menu items include brisket and Mac n’ Pork sandwiches, smoked baby back ribs to share, armadillo eggs as a specialty item, as well as an assortment of sides, desserts and a kid’s menu with healthy side options.

For more information, visit bluesmoke.us.

Stark County food competition:Taste for the Space brings restaurant competition to Belden Village Mall

Oakwood Square to host St. Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl

Join Royal Docks Brewing Co. Foeder House + Kitchen, John’s Bar & Grille, Forever Craft Urban Winery, The Bistro of Oakwood and Tlaquepaque for the inaugural St. Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl at Oakwood Square, at 2610 Easton St. NE in Plain Township, at noon March 17.

Guests are urged to wear festive attire. There will be live entertainment around the plaza and plenty of food and drinks at the restaurants for purchase.

There will be bar crawl passports for attendees to get stamped at each location. Passports need to be turned in at Royal Docks for a chance to win a prize.

This article originally appeared on The Repository: Park Street Pizza opening Stark location; Blue Smoke opening at mall