CBS 2 Investigator Megan Hickey reports, a State of Illinois inspector, who was caught on camera groping the owner of a doggy daycare business, has been fired.
- The state finally takes action days after the CBS 2 investigators exposed a state inspector groping a woman at a doggie daycare. CBS 2 investigator Megan Hickey broke the story and joins us live with the news that he's just been fired, Megan.
- Right, Charlie. Department of Agriculture spokesperson confirmed today hosai gegen is no longer employed by the Department just one week after our exclusive investigation aired. Lee subindex doggie day care business and her livelihood depend on her annual inspections with the state. She had two encounters with inspector Jose, one in 2018 and one in 2019.
The 2019 inspection by chance was captured on her store's surveillance camera. Video shows and touching bindings arms, shoulders, the small of her back, and even her rear end at one point. Bindig says gion repeatedly asked for a hug. Asked if she was single and asked for a picture of her in a bikini before signing off on her inspection.
- He's holding porn as he's hugging me. And it's not signed off yet that we pass. So what do I do? What I do? Tell them to stop.
- I think the presence of you channel 2 can't help but move that process forward. Media accountability is extremely important in this process.
- Again is now the subject of a federal lawsuit and a CPD investigation. We should note that after our story aired, several female dog daycare owners reached out to us with similar complaints about this type of behavior during their inspections. We're in the process of investigating those complaints. But in the meantime, gion no longer has a job taxpayers are no longer funding his salary. Live in Lalouette, Megan Hickey CBS 2 investigators.