Nothing is funnier than a global pandemic that has already caused thousands of deaths and threatens to crash the world economy. At least according to the clown princes of late night political comedy.
More from Deadline
- Trevor Noah Covers His Eyes As "Crazy" Democratic Debate Descends Into Chaos
- Trevor Noah Takes Trump To Task For "Butchered" India Speech
- Nickelodeon, Time 'Kid Of The Year' Honors Will Culminate In Trevor Noah-Hosted TV Special
The President “knows he has a solemn duty to protect…himself,” Colbert said, pointing out that the disease could hamper reelection plans. Colbert also noted President Trump’s comforting assurance, “There’s a very good chance you won’t die.”
Except, Colbert noted, if you’re a Williamsburg hipster with de rigueur facial hair.
Trevor Noah had something of a spit take on the situation. But he also found time for a dig at Vice President Mike Pence, who he felt was a good choice as the man to lead the US response. After all, Pence “has been quarantining himself from women all his life.”
TONIGHT: The coronavirus is spreading, but don’t worry: Mike Pence is in charge. pic.twitter.com/Dt1ypHEFnw
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon