You can stream the entire HBO Max library over a cellular connection on any device where the app or desktop site is accessible.
If you use a smartphone or tablet, you have the option of streaming HBO Max titles over an internet connection or through your device's cellular data connection.
Cellular streaming uses a lot of data, so the HBO Max app defaults to only allow you to stream using Wi-Fi.
You can change these settings in the HBO Max app to stream using your data connection and get notifications when your data is low.
In 2020, WarnerMedia joined its group of networks and studios into one streaming platform, allowing audiences to access their content in a single place without a cable subscription.
Coupled with the network's expanded content library through HBO Max, having an HBO subscription is a better value than it's ever been. While WarnerMedia's HBO Max desktop site is a perfect addition to your list of streaming subscriptions, you can also take advantage of all the platform has to offer through your smartphone.
Since streaming movies and TV shows uses so much data, the HBO Max app will default to only streaming over Wi-Fi. You can change the settings, however, to allow it to stream over cellular.
How to stream HBO Max over cellular on a smartphone
1. Open the HBO Max app.
2. Tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Choose the Settings icon (the gear icon in the upper left corner).
4. Select "Video Options."
5. To enable streaming over cellular, tap on the toggle next to the "Stream Over Wi-Fi Only" option.
6. If you want to set your phone to notify you when you're in danger of going over your cellular data limit, tap the circle next to "Cellular Streaming Warning."
7. You can repeat adjusting these preferences if you want to allow HBO Max Downloads over cellular.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Read the original article on Business Insider