Olivia, Edison and Collete Nguyen and their grandma Loan Le will be remembered at a private funeral today that will also be streamed online.
- Well, it's going to be a difficult day for loved ones of a Sugar Land family.
- It certainly is. They're going to say goodbye to four relatives, three of them are children. They were killed in a fire during this month's winter storm. ABC 13 Reporter TJ Parker is live with how those children are being remembered. Good morning, TJ.
TJ PARKER: Yeah, guys. Just 11, 8, and 5 years old. Family will say goodbye to Olivia, Anderson, and Colette, as well as their grandmother, later this morning, here at a funeral at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Sugar Land.
- I hope everyone goes back and look, and say you will never regret spending that last moments doing what your kids love, and hopefully find what they love.
TJ PARKER: When speaking at a vigil last night, family described the children each as leaving a lasting impression on the world around them. The three young kids and their grandma were killed in a house fire in Sugar Land last month. Firefighters believe they were using a fireplace to keep warm when the power went out during that winter storm.
- I'll always feel like their time on Earth was cut short. I'm comforted by the fact that each of you were absolutely perfect in every way. May you rest in peace in Heaven with [INAUDIBLE] by your side. Love, love my darling babies.
TJ PARKER: Yeah, hard to listen to the children's mother there, as she spoke at a vigil last night. GoFundMe page, by the way, has been set up in honor of the children-- with the funds going towards several cases, or causes that is, including fire education, and a scholarship at St. Moritz Catholic school where the siblings went to school.
The funeral is happening here at the church, by the way, the long time church, and it will be private. We're live in Sugar Land this morning. I'm TJ Parker ABC 13, Eyewitness News.
- Your heart just breaks. I mean, I'm getting like a little teary eyed as a mom listening to that. This is a conversation, TJ, that's going to continue because the loss of this family is just one of many during the storm. Something like this just can't happen again.
- All right.
- Thank you.