A second floor fire caused heavy smoke early Sunday morning at an apartment complex on the 3800 block of Governors Drive, Montgomery Fire/Rescue reported.
Five emergency vehicles from MFR responded the the apartments at 2:17 a.m. When crews entered, they found a kitchen fire that had extended into the attic. MFR put out the fire, confining it to the apartment of origin.
MFR reported that one person was treated for smoke inhalation, but refused transport to a hospital. No fire personnel were injured. A MFR chaplain remained on the scene to assist residents.
The fire is under investigation.
Montgomery Advertiser reporter Shannon Heupel can be reached at email@example.com.
This article originally appeared on Montgomery Advertiser: Sunday morning kitchen fire damages Montgomery apartment