Suspected Paris bomber Samy Amimour went to Syria two years ago: family

People mourn the terror victims at a makeshift memorial near the Bataclan concert hall in Paris, on November 15, 2015 (AFP Photo/Miguel Medina)

Paris (AFP) - One of the suicide bombers who attacked a Paris concert hall had gone to Syria two years ago after being radicalised in France, his family had told AFP before Friday's attacks.

Paris-born Samy Amimour, 28, had been charged with terrorist offences "after an abortive attempt to travel to Yemen", Paris prosecutors said, but his family said he travelled to Syria in 2013.

Investigators believe he was one of the three men to attack the Bataclan music venue where 89 people were killed.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting