A 51-year-old Tamarac man is facing more charges of kidnapping and sexual battery following his arrest for allegedly sexually assaulting an unconscious man in a car.
Javier Isaac Nepton was arrested in January for a sexual battery and kidnapping that happened in 2016, court records show, but a second case led to the latest charges and a prosecutor indicated there may be more coming.
According to the arrest reports, the two incidents were similar. The men would be drinking in a Fort Lauderdale bar one moment and would black out the next.
They would wake up groggy in a parked car with Nepton sexually assaulting them. They said they were lapsing in and out of consciousness, could not fight back, and had not given their consent.
One man was bitten and bruised requiring care at a sexual assault treatment center, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.
At Nepton’s court appearance Saturday morning, a Broward County assistant state attorney said there had been “numerous recent incidents of similar behavior.”
The public defender countered there was no proof the alleged victim in the latest incident had not given his consent and then had regrets.
Broward Judge John D. Fry set bonds totaling $255,000 but Nepton was already being held without bond for the previous kidnapping charge.
©2020 the Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Visit the Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) at www.sun-sentinel.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.