Tarrant County reports no COVID-19 deaths for third consecutive day; 142 new cases

·4 min read

Tarrant County reported 142 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.

The county reported no pandemic-related deaths for the third consecutive day for the first time since at least June 2020.

Tarrant County has reported 262,098 COVID-19 cases, including 3,543 deaths and an estimated 256,768 recoveries.

COVID-19 hospitalizations

Hospitalized COVID patients decreased by one to 94. The pandemic high was 1,528 on Jan. 6.

COVID-19 hospitalizations remained at 2% of the total number of beds in Tarrant County and make up 2% of the 3,779 occupied beds. The COVID hospitalization rate of total beds has been at 4% or lower since March 23 and 3% or lower since May 25. The rate was at a pandemic-high 38% on Jan. 10.

Confirmed COVID patients decreased to 2.04% from 2.60% of all available hospital beds in the North Central Texas Trauma Region.

Hospital beds

Tarrant County’s hospital bed occupancy increased to 83% from 76%, according to county data. Available hospital beds decreased to 771 from 1,092. The pandemic low was 661 on Jan. 4.

ICU beds

Adult ICU bed occupancy increased to 87% from 82%. The pandemic high was 99% on Dec. 28.

Ventilator use remained increased by 13 to 188. Patients are using 23% of the 814 ventilators in the county.

Positivity rate

The COVID-19 testing positivity rate for Tarrant County remained at 3% in the latest available seven-day average data. The rate was last at a pandemic-high 30% on Jan. 7.

Vaccination data

According to Texas Department of State Health Services, 52.3% of Tarrant County residents 16 or older have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 44.9% of residents 16 or older have been fully vaccinated.

DSHS also reports that 81.5% of Tarrant residents 65 or older have received at least one dose, and 74.3% of residents 65 or older have been fully vaccinated. More than 55% of Texas’ population has been vaccinated, according to DSHS.

Tarrant County Vaccinated

Map shows the percent of residents receiving at least one dose of vaccine in Tarrant County by ZIP code. Tap on the map for case numbers. Tarrant County Public Health provides the data.

Open

Tarrant County COVID-19 deaths by city

Here are the total pandemic-related deaths in Tarrant County by city through June 16:

  • Fort Worth, 1,446

  • Arlington, 690

  • Mansfield, 141

  • North Richland Hills, 122

  • Bedford, 110

  • Hurst, 92

  • White Settlement, 80

  • Euless, 76

  • Haltom City, 74

  • Grapevine, 72

  • Rural Tarrant County, 69

  • Keller, 65

  • Benbrook, 60

  • Watauga, 50

  • Azle, 47

  • Grand Prairie, 38

  • Richland Hills, 35

  • Saginaw, 35

  • Crowley, 33

  • Southlake, 32

  • Forest Hill, 30

  • Sansom Park, 29

  • Lake Worth, 19

  • Colleyville, 15

  • River Oaks, 14

  • Kennedale, 13

  • Everman, 10

  • Edgecliff Village, 7

  • Westworth Village, 7

  • Blue Mound, 6

  • Pantego, 6

  • Unknown, 6

  • Burleson, 4

  • Lakeside, 4

  • Pelican Bay, 4

  • Flower Mound, 1

  • Haslet, 1

Tarrant County COVID-19 deaths

Map shows COVID-19 deaths in Tarrant County by ZIP code. Tap on the map for case numbers. The data is provided by Tarrant County Public Health.

Open

Texas COVID-19 cases over time

Texas daily coronavirus case counts over time, and the ten counties with the most cases. Tap the arrow button to replay the animation.

Flourish Studio
Flourish Studio

Tarrant County hospital capacity

Hospital capacity by available beds and ventilators for Tarrant County. Data provided by Tarrant County Public Health.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.
Flourish Studio
Flourish Studio

Tarrant County COVID-19 trends

Map shows COVID-19 cases in Tarrant County for the last 30-days by ZIP code. Tap on the map for complete cases and deaths numbers. Charts show trends in Tarrant County's positivity rate, new cases, hospitalizations and hospital occupancy. The data is provided by Tarrant County Public Health.

Open

Tarrant County COVID-19 characteristics

Map shows COVID-19 cases in Tarrant County by ZIP code. Tap on the map for more information, including deaths. Charts show a breakdown in Tarrant County's cases and deaths by race/ethnicity, age groups and gender. The data is provided by Tarrant County Public Health.

Open

North Texas COVID-19 hospital capacity

Here is the percent capacity for COVID-19 hospitalizations out of total hospital capacity for the 19-county North Central Texas Trauma Service Area (TSA-E) for the last seven days. TSA-E includes the DFW area. If hospital capacity in a TSA exceeds 15% for seven consecutive days, restrictions go into effect to help reduce hospital capacity for that TSA.

Open

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting