VIDEO SHOWS: CROWDS OF RUGBY FANS OUTSIDE EDEN PARK, FANS WEARING ALL BLACKS SHIRTS CHEERING TO CAMERA, SOUNDBITES FROM FANS
RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND (OCTOBER 18, 2020) (TVNZ - Broadcasters: NO USE NEW ZEALAND Digital: NO USE NEW ZEALAND INTERNET SITES / ANY INTERNET SITE OF ANY NEW ZEALAND OR AUSTRALIAN BASED MEDIA ORGANISATIONS OR MOBILE PLATFORMS)
1. VARIOUS OF FANS WEARING ALL BLACKS JERSEY CHEERING AND POSING FOR CAMERA
2. FANS WEARING ALL BLACK JERSEYS WALKING OUTSIDE EDEN PARK
3. VARIOUS OF CROWDS OUTSIDE EDEN PARK
4. VARIOUS OF WALLABIES FANS OUTSIDE EDEN PARK
5. (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED WALLABIES SUPPORTER, SAYING:
"If we lose, I can take the jumper off, catch the train and at least, I'll probably take my hat off as well."
6. (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER, SAYING:
"I reckon big win from the AB's. Yep big win. Lots of tries. Bit of a jaja ding dong I'm thinking. But lots of tries."
7. ALL BLACKS FANS
8. WOMAN DANCING
9. ALL BLACKS FANS WALKING OUTSIDE EDEN PARK
STORY: Tens of thousands of rugby fans flocked to Auckland's Eden Park on Sunday (October 18) to watch New Zealand take on Australia in the second Bledisloe Cup match.
A sold out crowd of 46, 049 attended the match, after COVID-19 restrictions were lifted earlier this month.
The Wallabies put the All Blacks under enormous pressure early on before the home side increased the pace of the game and began to break tackles, running out to a 27-7 win.
It erased memories of a 16-16 draw in the first game last week and also gave them the advantage in retaining the symbol of trans-Tasman supremacy, which they have held since 2003, as the series moves to Australia for the final two matches.
(Production: James Redmayne)
- Hey. Woo-hoo!
- Rock and roll.
- If we lose I can take the jumper off, catch the train, and at least-- I'll probably take me head off as well.
- I reckon big win from the ABs. Yeah, big win, lots of tries, bit of a yah yah ding dong, I'm thinking, but lots of tries.