We Tested the Nonstick Pans You're Seeing All Over the Internet
While stainless steel cookware is great, a good nonstick pan is important in every cook's kitchen. The best nonstick cookware is perfect for making eggs and other delicate foods like fish or quick sautés. It's more forgiving when it comes to flipping and stirring, and it requires less grease to cook, and it's much easier to clean thanks to a slick coating that prevents sticking in the first place. Some nonstick pans are made of or coated with ceramic, which, on its own, doesn't contain PFOAs or PFAs, the known toxins associated with Teflon. But don't worry: According to experts, the finish on modern nonstick cookware is safe when used properly.
In the Good Housekeeping Institute, we've tested more than 80 nonstick cookware sets. We put 15 additional nonstick pans to the test this year alone to find the best ones — using over 120 eggs and 15 steaks — to evaluate how well each released food without sticking or leaving behind residue, how they handled, weight and balance, and how easy they were to clean. The ones that stood out to us in our test were durable, could withstand high temperatures, and, most importantly, very nonstick. Here are the best nonstick pans you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall Nonstick Pan: Le Creuset Toughened Nonstick Pro 10" Fry Pan
- Best Value Nonstick Pan: Oxo Good Grips Hard Anodized Pro Nonstick 10" Fry Pan
- Best Ceramic Nonstick Pan: GreenPan SmartShape Nonstick 9.5" Frying Pan
- Best Nonstick Pan for High Heat: Hestan ProBond Stainless-Steel Nonstick Skillet
- Most Durable Nonstick Pan: Ninja Foodi NeverStick Premium 10.25" Fry Pan
- Best Nonstick Pan for Sautéing: Tramontina Professional Fusion 10" Fry Pan
- Best Nonstick Pan Set: Good Housekeeping 10" and 12" Fry Pan Set
Including ceramic nonstick pans for every cooking task.