ITV gameshow The Cube will return to screens soon for the first time in five years and it's set to be bigger than ever with a £1 million jackpot prize at stake.
The Phillip Schofield fronted programme originally aired between 2009 to 2015 and saw contestants attempt a series of tasks within the confines of a Perspex box to win a £250,000 prize.
Now, contestants will also have to compete in pairs via solo challenges and two-player games.
Schofield said: “The Cube is such a cracking format but with the players now in teams and a whopping million-pound prize fund, it now means this high-pressure environment has just got tougher. I can’t wait to be reunited with the legendary Perspex Cube!”
— The CUBE (@THECUBETV) August 7, 2015
Each pair, who will both be from the same household, have nine lives to complete seven games worth an increasing amount of money.
Meanwhile, Katie Rawcliffe, Head of Entertainment Commissioning at ITV said: “The Cube was a firm favourite with our viewers and now with a life-changing prize and the chance for players to compete in pairs the stakes are even higher. We look forward to more jaw dropping moments that will have viewers shouting at the tv from the edge of their seats.”
The new series, produced by Wildcard Television, will consist of five 1 hour episodes.
A one-off celebrity special has also been commissioned, with famous faces attempting to beat The Cube to win £250,000 for their chosen charity.
Read more: This Morning’s summer line-up announced
Schofield confirmed the show would be returning earlier this month and urged his followers to apply for the forthcoming series.
Those fancying their chances on taking on The Cube can apply here.