By Dylan Barth
Whenever I come home and am finally #blessed with a homecooked meal, the first thing I demand is my mom’s roasted vegetables. The woman is a saint when it comes to cookin’ veggies. How the does she do it?
When I finally asked what her secret is, I was shocked. It’s the simplest recipe I’ve ever heard.
All you need is olive oil, the seasoning of your choice, and an oven. Done. Oh, and don’t forget the vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 head broccoli
1 sweet potato
1 purple potato
1 bag baby carrots
- Chop up all the veggies you’re cookin’. #SpoonTip: For the vegetables that cook more slowly, cut them smaller. For the ones that cook more quickly, cut them bigger. Easy, right?
- Put all the vegetables back in the bag you got from the grocery store (or any plastic bag of your choice).
- Add olive oil to the veggies until they’re lightly coated. Add salt and pepper and other seasonings if you’re feelin’ fancy.
- Mix ’em up until all the veggies are evenly coated.
- Spread veggies onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
Spoon University is a food network for our generation, where all the content is produced by college students. They cover everything from simple recipes and local restaurants to dining hall hacks and healthy living tips.