Share-worthy stories from the Illinois Patch network to talk about tonight:
"We can't let the momentum die with this," protester Elizabeth Fenech told Patch.
An officer investigating a shooting on the West Side was able to return fire after he was struck in the shoulder early Monday, police said.
Family of 81-year-old man who died of COVID-19 sues Bridgeview Health Care Center over claims of gross negligence.
The father of a seventh grader who reported a sexual assault in a bathroom last year filed a lawsuit after police closed the investigation.
The family put the parade together for Lorrie Novak as she set out for her second deployment to Afghanistan.
Most of the retail stores at the Louis Joliet Mall had remained closed since the new coronavirus reached Illinois in March.
Chicago parks west of Lake Shore Drive, libraries and the City Hall payment center reopened as officials eased coronavirus restrictions.
Around 300 people gathered in Lemont on Sunday for a protest in the wake of George Floyd's death.
Meg'n Barba, owner of the Beverly neighborhood hair salon, says the two-month absence has allowed for more innovation and creativity.
A few hundred gathered at Barnard Park at 105th and Longwood Sunday before marching through the neighborhood.
Several local community groups organized a rally against racism in downtown Evanston Sunday.
The friends are considering a weekly protest “to make sure that this does not go away, because police brutality needs to end."
200 protesters participate in peaceful Black Lives Matter march in Oak Lawn. Photos and video.
30,000 protesters started Saturday morning with a sit-down demonstration in Union Park.
Park officials say they could safely reopen now, but state officials could keep them shuttered for the rest of the year.
Also Worth a Look Today
- Hospital's Coronavirus Caseload Continues Falling
- Man Charged With DUI After Fatal Crash
- Ogden 6 Theatres To Close For Good
- 3 Charged In Attempted Looting of Lawn Mower Store
- Father, Son Arrested After Drive-By Shooting, Chase
- Kendall County Fair Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Pedestrian Finds Body Beside I-290: State Police
- Racist Heard Making Threats In La Grange: Police
- 12 Photos: Six Corners Black Lives Matter Rally
- 9-Year-Old Boy Dies In House Fire
- Car Drives Through Crowd At Protest, No Injuries Or Arrests: Police
- Wisconsin Attorney Spits In Black Protester's Face, Arrested Twice: Cops
- Memorial For Floyd In Houston; Congress Prepares Police Reform
Thank you for reading.